||Organizations Raising Awareness about Chemicals
- Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC) develop curriculum materials in occupational and environmental health and provide Education Activities (EA) programs for primary care practitioners and others,
- The Cancer Prevention Coalition "Fighting for a safer environment at home, in the community and at work... independent experts in cancer prevention and public health, together with citizen activists and representatives of organized labor, public interest, environmental and women's health groups."
- The Center for Childrens Health and the Environment (CCHE)
- The nations first academic research and policy center to examine the links between exposure to toxic pollutants and childhood illness.
- Established in 1998 within the Department of Community and Preventive Medicine of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (New York).
- Mission: to promote the health of children by conducting environmental health and policy research
- Note especially their ads in the New York Times. The site also offers papers explaining the scientific facts behind the ads.
- Environmental Health Perspectives a group of publications from NIH, reporting research on the effects of chemicals. Abstracts are available online to all viewers, complete reports to subscribers only. There's a good search engine. On November 12, 2002, EHP announced they're collaboratng with the Association of Occupational and Environmental clinics (see above).
- Environmental Research Foundation
- Greenpeace International
- International POPs Elimination Network "Persistent Organic Pollutants" is a new term; here's an essay about it at Seventh Generation.
- National Environmental Education and Training Foundation "building a stronger economic, societal and ecological future through environmental learning."
- National Resources Defense Council
- Toxics Use Reduction Institute Networking and Grants
- United Nations Environmental Program
In addition, see my list of Canary Support Organizations
copyright © 2002 by Catherine Holmes Clark. Last updated 19 June 2002